LFCS Pregnancy, Parenting & Adoption Services
Did you know that LFCS provides pregnancy, parenting and adoption services? Many are familiar with the services we offer to families interested in adopting, but the ways in which we serve birth parents are lesser known. LFCS Pregnancy, Parenting and Adoption Services extends through every LFCS region and serves over 1,400 people each year. Read on to learn more…
LFCS Pregnancy, Parenting and Adoption Services address the needs pregnant and parenting mothers every day. The goals of the program are to:
- Teach parents and their families how to achieve safe and stable home environments.
- Address life stressors.
- Achieve healthy birth outcomes.
- Reduce the risks of child abuse and neglect.
These positive results are achieved through:
- Education around the options of parenting and adoption.
- Resource referrals for self-care and baby-care items.
- Direct assistance for utilities, rent, or necessary items.*
- Positive parenting education.
Should a family feel additional services are needed after their baby’s first birthday, LFCS provides continued parenting education. Subjects include child development, safe sleep, healthy discipline and more. The program teaches the importance of self-care skills so parents can be at their best for their children. LFCS clients can expect to:
- Meet with a Parent Coach twice a month at home.
- Identify goals and ways to achieve them.
- Connect to resources in the community.
- Receive diapers and/or formula.
- Deal with life challenges.
- Discuss parenting topics based on individual needs.
If you or someone you love is in need of LFCS Pregnancy, Parenting and Adoption Services contact us today! We want to make a positive difference in the lives of all Missouri children and families.