Temporary Respite Care for Kids
HELP CARE FOR KIDS IN NEED!
For many parents in times of crisis, family and friends are there to help with child care. For others, however, without that support system, temporary respite care providers are needed. While their children are placed in a temporary safe home, parents are able to address challenges such as illness, permanent housing or overwhelming stress.
- Children are infants to five years old and in need of loving homes on a short-term basis (up to 30 days)
- Providing respite care for kids helps keep them safe while their parents work with LFCS to overcome these challenges.
LFCS is currently seeking caring adults in St. Louis County to provide respite care for kids whose families are in crisis. Those interested in participating must meet the following requirements:
- Live in St. Louis County
- Do not need daycare while caring for a child
- Have room in your home and vehicle
- Are willing to care for children up to age 5
If you would like more information about being a Child Respite Care Provider, or to apply, please email email@example.com or call us at 866-326-LFCS (5327).
Once your application is received, a LFCS caseworker will reach out to you and start the approval process. Our staff will support you through the entirety of the process; making sure you are prepared, informed, and assisted throughout this journey.
Thank you for caring for kids!
If you are struggling and need help, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 314-787-5100 or 866-326-LFCS (5327).