First Time Parents Part 2: Dads
Last week I posted a blog on First Time Parents: Moms. Here’s another one with tips for first time dads!
- Thankfully, children do not come full grown! They grow one step at a time. “You have time to learn and time to make mistakes.” (9 Tips for New Fathers)
- You are a team. “Whatever your circumstances are, remember to value your role as a father and be as involved as you can, right from day one.
- Your child and your partner need you in lots of different ways. Your time and help will contribute greatly to your relationships with both of them. “(Becoming a Parent).
- Don’t try to do too much in one day. You need extra time to do everything once you have a baby.
- Be sure to communicate well with your spouse. Ask her what she needs from you and how she feels. Share with her your feelings and needs too.
- This is a helpful video…
- …and this a sweet video about being a dad.J