Surviving Back to School
Getting back into the swing of school schedules can be an adjustment. Here are a few tips on how to make the best of the transition:
- Prepare the night before or over the weekend.
- Get adequate sleep. (8 to 10 hours)
- Turn off electronic devices early.
- Prepare healthy meals.
- Keep the kids involved throughout the preparation process; this teaches the child skills needed in life.
- Make a schedule and stick to it.
- Communicate with your child/children.
- Have fun and laugh often.
- Develop relationships with the school staff.
- Take care of yourself.