Are you pregnant or parenting a child under 1 year? Did you know you can receive free texts on parenting and child development topics through your pregnancy and up to the baby’s first birthday? Text4baby makes it easy to get important information, and it’s free. Women who text BABY (or BEBE for Spanish) to 511411 receive free text messages three times per week, timed to their due date or their baby’s birth date, through pregnancy and up until the baby’s first birthday. There is also an app that provides additional information about baby’s development, pregnancy, childcare tips, and more.
Text4baby topics include:
- Nutrition for you and your baby
- Safe sleep tips
- Baby’s milestones
- Signs and symptoms of labor
- Doctor visit and appointment reminders for you and your baby
- Breastfeeding advice
- Car seat safety
- Information on health insurance
- Urgent health alerts
- Resource hotlines and websites Text4Baby also has a free app for your smart phone
- The Text4Baby app can also help you remember your upcoming appointments. Set up a text-based reminder for your doctor’s appointments for you or your baby. It’s easy- you can use the app or set up a reminder through your text messages.
- The free Text4baby app makes it even easier for you to get critical health and safety information such as how your baby is growing each week, your progress and medical updates, and fun quizzes.
Here’s how you can set up an appointment by text message:
- Text remind to 511411
- When asked, enter the appointment date with no spaces or words in MMDDYY format (e.g. 101215).
- You will then be asked to enter a short description of the appointment (e.g. Dr. Smith 9AM).
- You will receive two text reminders: the first reminder 3 days before and the second reminder the morning of your appointment.