Providing Services in Southeast Missouri
In 2013 the Southeast office of Lutheran Family and Children’s Services celebrated 40 years of service in Southeast Missouri. We’re very proud of the impact we’ve had on the Southeast Missouri community in that time and of the services we continue to provide today. We offer help to the most vulnerable in our community, from the youngest (supporting babies even before birth) to the oldest, in our Older Adult Program.
In 2013, the Southeast office of LFCS served over 1000 individuals in our various programs, including:
- 238 families with emergency needs such as water bills, food, and blankets
- Supervised Visitation and Exchange – 22 families, 34 children served
- 127 women with crisis or unplanned pregnancies were counseled in the WINGS (Women in Need Growing Stronger), touching the lives of over 300 children
- 2 children received care in a loving foster home while their mother stabilized her situation
- 106 older adults received counseling to help them cope with depression, grief, or other difficulties
- 40 families received services to help them grow their family through adoption; nine families brought their children home this year through domestic or intercountry adoption
- 26 caregivers of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease received support at monthly support groups
Have questions or want more information? Call us at (573)334-5866 or stop by our office at 3178 Blattner Drive in Cape Girardeau.