Through in-office and in-home counseling sessions, a counselor will:
- Help address concerns of sadness and loneliness, depression, anxiety and worries.
- Help identify concerns you can’t seem to identify yourself.
The counselor is a licensed professional. Everything discussed is kept confidential. Services are provided to anyone who is a resident of Cape Girardeau County, 55-years and older. Services are provided regardless of religion, race, or ethnic background.
Group and Individual Counseling
(For older adults with memory loss.)
Learn about the causes of memory loss. Share coping strategies, feelings and talents. Learn memory building techniques.
Call 573-334-5866 to set up an appointment.
Alzheimer’s Care Givers Support Group
(For those who care for loved ones with Alzheimer’s Disease.)
This support group provides emotional support for family members caring for a loved one. It is free of charge.
In this group, participants:
- Share activities to do with those who suffer from Alzheimer’s
- Learn to cope with difficult behaviors
- Help deal with gradual declines and losses
Held the second Monday of each month at 6:00 p.m. at the SEMO LFCS office in Cape Girardeau.
Contact the Southeast Office to learn more.