Our Youth Programs are designed to give school-aged kids in our community training and support that will help them reach their fullest potential. We focus our efforts on academic achievement, leadership, personal and life skills, community involvement and much more.
Youth development is especially important for young people who have little or no support from their families, schools, and communities. These hard to reach and under served youth, who frequently report high risk behavior and often lack access to health services, include youth who:
- come from low income households
- are facing homelessness
- are currently in foster care, group homes or residential treatment facilities
- are dealing with substance abuse and addiction
- have dropped out of school
- are pregnant or parenting
- are survivors of sexual, physical or emotional abuse
- have mental or physical disabilities
- are in the juvenile justice system
If you are interested in getting our Youth Programs into your school, email us to learn more.
From the Blog
Shawn is growing up surrounded by crime, violence and poverty. His mom works two jobs to pay rent, utilities, and very few extras.…
January is National Mentor Month At LFCS, our CALL and CHOICES mentor programs provide this valuable service to many young people throughout St.…
Countless studies show how important it is for parents to play with their young children. The developmentally positive effects on social skills, physical…