Southwest Missouri Office
Laura Farmer, Regional Director
2130 N. Glenstone
Springfield, MO 65803
417-862-1972 or 1-866-326-LFCS
Click here to email this office
In 1998, Lutheran Family and Children's Services of Missouri (LFCS), a non-profit social services agency, opened a regional office in Springfield in response to an increasing demand for pregnancy counseling and adoption services in the Southwest-Missouri region. Our services are offered in 28 Southwest Missouri counties. Beginning as an orphanage in 1868, the mission was to protect and nurture children without a home. Today the agency continues the mission of helping families, children and individuals in Missouri experience greater hope and wholeness of life. The services provided by LFCS are open to everyone regardless of race, faith, national origin, gender, or age. Over 80% of the clients served are not of the Lutheran faith.
|Birth Parent Counseling||Wings||Foster Care||Adoption Services||Advocacy||Support Groups||Other Services||Events|
- Comprehensive pregnancy counseling to women and teens experiencing an unplanned or crisis pregnancy. Services are also available to family members.
- Assistance with community resources that facilitate healthy parenting (medical care, day care, food, maternity clothes and utility assistance, etc.).
- Support to continue and complete education.
- Assistance securing employment and job training.
- Aftercare services for birthparents, whether parenting or making an adoption plan.
- On average, we serve 100 birth mothers in the Southwest Missouri region annually.
- Free counseling services to pregnant women and parenting families.
- Temporary foster care for parents needing time to make a permanent plan for a child.
- Temporary foster care for children awaiting adoption.
- Each year, we provide foster care services to approximately 15 children in the Southwest Missouri region.
- Domestic infant placement and special needs placement.
- Post placement counseling and supervision.
- Home studies for international, independent, and relative adoptions.
- We annually place about 35 children in Forever Families" through the adoption program in the 28 counties we serve in Southwest Missouri.
- As part of our Mission, Lutheran Family & Children's Services is called to help families, children and individuals experience greater hope and wholeness of life...and LFCS Advocacy works to help achieve this goal by promoting public education and policy changes.
- Birth parent support group meets regularly.
- Adoption support group for families that have adopted or are planning to adopt meets monthly.
- Speakers are available for presentations to churches, organizations, and service groups on topics specific to the various services provided in the Southwest Missouri region.
Click here to learn more about events benefiting the Springfield region.