- www.ago.mo.gov/adoption – Missouri Adoption A publication of the Missouri Attorney General, discusses adoption practice in this state
Adoption Article Websites
- www.childwelfare.gov/adoption – Child Welfare Information Gateway – numerous articles on adoption related issues as well as a national directory of adoption agencies divided by the state in which they reside
- www.pactadopt.org – Pact, an Adoption Alliance has a great inventory of adoption articles, especially related to Transracial and Transcultural adoptions
- www.adoptivefamilies.com – Adoptive Families magazine offers a host of resources for families wanting to adopt domestically or internationally.
- www.older-child.adoption.com – This website offers valuable articles for adopting the older child
- www.perspectivespress.com – On-line catalog of adoption books and resources
- www.tapestrybooks.com – On-line catalog of adoption books and resources
- http://www.adoptex.org/site/DocServer/How_to_Make_Adoption_an_Affordable_Option_2015.pdf?docID=9941 – ‘How to Make Adoption an Affordable Option’ article written by The National Endowment for Financial Education (NEFE)
Child Welfare and Adoption Advocacy sites
- www.cwla.org – Child Welfare League of America – an advocacy organization dealing with child welfare issues
- www.nacac.org – North American Council on Adoptable Children – a national organization to promote the adoption of waiting children and advocate for the needs of children
- http://www.jointcouncil.org/ – Joint Council on International Children’s Services – an advocacy organization for international adoption. This website often has a list of country updates.
- www.lanadopt.org – Lutheran Adoption Network – network of Lutheran Adoption agencies across the nation who are committed to promoting ethical adoption practices by providing international and domestic adoption services
- www.uscis.gov – United States Citizenship and Immigration Services website
- www.travel.state.gov – United States State Department website gives important travel information and updates on country specific information
- www.irs.gov – Government website in which you can obtain publication 968, “Tax Benefits for Adoption
- www.attachmentacrosscultures.org/resource/index.html– Attachment Across Cultures has created fact sheets in 8 different languages about different topics including attachment, comfort measures during labor, Mom’s body after birth, newborn babies needs, and what to take to the hospital.
- www.refugees.org –The U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants (USCRI) has created a Healthy Living Toolkit that includes a range of different topics available in 16 different languages. One section of the toolkit is on Maternal and Child Health, and there is also a section on Women’s Health that could be helpful.
Adopting Children Through the Foster Care system
- www.adopt.org – National Adoption Center hosts a list of waiting children from the nation’s foster care system
- www.adoptuskids.org – The Children’s Bureau hosts a list of waiting children from each state’s foster care system.
- www.foster-adopt.org – Foster Care and Adoption Coalition, a St. Louis based organization whose focus is on recruiting and maintaining foster and adoptive homes for waiting children
- Raising African-American Children (pdf, 86.29KB)
- www.adoptionattorneys.org – List of adoption attorneys from the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys